Overview / Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for beginners who are new to their role or exporters that have not had any formal training.
This course will also provide those businesses currently only moving goods within the EU an opportunity to understand basic export processes and documentation requirements once the UK leaves the EU.
What will I learn?
- What is an Export and a despatch?
- Processing a shipment, a step by step guide
- What you need to know prior to sending any goods overseas
- What is the packing specification?
- Where are the goods going?
- When do they need to be there by?
- Who is paying for the carriage?
- How are they going to be shipped?
- How to request a quotation from a carrier or courier
- How to find out what documentation is required for the destination country
- Understanding trade agreements
- Why might I be asked for a certificate of origin
- Creation of Export Documentation
- How to create an invoice, a step by step guide to invoice detail and its significance
- The importance of a packing list
- Accurate and clear labelling
- Booking a shipment, what the carrier or courier needs to know including clearance instructions
- Managing the goods being collected and keeping the customer informed of progress
- How to deal with movements within the EU
- Understanding the need for proof of export / delivery
- The jargon explained
What is the Course Content?
- Export and Despatch Definition and the Process Flow
- Questions to ask Prior to Sending Goods Overseas
- Requesting a Shipment Quotation
- Export Documentation
- Creating an Invoice – Practical Session
- Packing Lists and Labels
- Booking and Managing the Shipment Collection
- Buyer / Customer Communication
- Movements within the EU
- Proof of Export / Delivery
- The Jargon Explained
The course will run from 09:30 to 16:00 with morning and afternoon breaks and 45 minutes for lunch.
25th July 2019 at Exporter Services Offices, Long Eaton
Other 2019 dates available on request
Cost and Booking
Cost is £295 (plus VAT) per delegate and includes all refreshments and a buffet lunch.
In-house training costs can be provided on request.