Overview / Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for those currently working in an export environment who have never had any formal training or those more experienced exporters who want a refresher course.
The training covers the export process end to end looking at when and where documentation is required to ensure that there are no delays when moving goods. It also looks at the legal requirements needed to ensure compliancy with customs and how attention to detail is a necessity.
What will I learn?
- What an Export is
- What questions to ask prior to export
- The importance of choosing the right Incoterm®
- An overview of all the necessary shipping documents, any associated costs and how to allocate cost to maintain profitability
- Why licences might be required and how to apply for them
- The importance of following packing regulations
- Understanding commodity codes and the need for correct goods classification
- The reason why origin is important
- Trade agreements and how they affect exports
- Why transport documents must be retained
- The VAT rules and proof of export
- The role of Customs and their systems
- How to mitigate issues when audited
What is the Course Content?
- Export Definition, the Process Flow & Intrastats
- Incoterms® 2010 and Insurance
- Overview of International Document Types
- Commodity Codes, Proving Origin & Certificates of Origin
- Free Trade Agreements & Preference Documents
- Booking the Shipment, Transport Documents & Proof of Export
- The Role of HMRC, Customs & Export Control
- HMRC Audits and Managing them
- Preparing for BREXIT
The course will run from 09:30 to 16:00 with morning and afternoon breaks and 45 minutes for lunch.
19th December 2018 – Exporter Services Office, Long Eaton
Dates in Northern Ireland available on request
2019 dates available on request
Cost and Booking
Cost is £295 (plus VAT) per delegate and includes all refreshments and a buffet lunch.
In-house training costs can be provided on request.